Misfitting ( Hijack )Rudolph yelped as he plunged into a particularly deep snowbank, hidden cleverly amongst the regular powder. His nose gave a harsh glow, flashing vibrant red in annoyance.Misfitting ( Hijack ) by ~Midnightsky23
" I don't need them." He whined, pulling himself back out and shaking the snow from his auburn fur and humanoid form.
I'm okay with being a misfit." He sniffed, nose flashing again. His ears flattened against his head, twitching. His green eyes had tears in them.
" What's the matter with misfits?"
Rudolph's ears shot up, wiggling around furiously as they attempted to detect the new voice.
The feeling of wind.
A figure dropped lightly in front of him, making a soft indent in the snow.
He himself appeared to be made entirely of snow, a white shape molded into the figure of a teen Rudolph's age. His eyes were a bright blue.
The reindeer's nose glowed in fright, before dulling back down to a shade of crimson.
" Who are you?"
" I'm Frosty, and i have to say you're the most interesting reindeer i've ever seen."
The Other End of the Chain: Chapter TwoWhen i woke up again, i was being bounced around in the back of a van.The Other End of the Chain: Chapter Two by ~Midnightsky23
The bit was back in my harness, banging painfully against my teeth with every jolt. The halter was tied to a metal ring bolted to the wall. I gave it a tug.
Not going anywhere.
Turning my head, i caught a glimpse of another person in the back with me.
She was my age, with red, curly hair and fierce blue eyes.
" Don't bother." She told me when she noticed my struggling, " There will be chances for escape, but this is not one of them."
She appeared to be useful to these people, unlike me. Her eyes revealed skilled precision, and she expertly posistioned herself to avoid the rough bouncing of our prison. I was still struggling just to maintain focus on her as i lost my balance every time the driver hit a bump.
" Bought you too?"
She nodded, " Papers and everything. I'll give you a hint, viking, listen to what they say. It's your best shot."
" I'd rather eat gravel."
She smiled as best as she could with a metal gag in h
TDoGaE2: Memoirs of a Miracle: Chapter NineteenShadow's eyes got real wide, and she froze.TDoGaE2: Memoirs of a Miracle: Chapter Nineteen by ~Midnightsky23
" She....she really left..."
Her voice cracked.
" What...what have i done..."
She whipped around, letting Scribbles pull her into a tight hug.
" She'll come back, she'll come back..." Scribbles lied, knowing all too well that there was a great chance they would never see Midnight again. There were just too many dangers out there.
" I was so STUPID...this is all my fault!"
" It's nobody's fault. We had no idea you two would go off like that."
" I should never have said those things."
" She'll be back, you watch, you know how she is when she gets like this. She'll come back home just as soon as she gets lonely."
Shadow pulled away from the comforting embrace, slumping into the windowseat where she always sat, leaning her forehead against the cold glass.
And she cried.
Midnight hadn't gotten very far.
" Paying old friends a visit, are we? Where's your little teammates, with their flimsy knives and poor judgment?"
The agent's eyes longed to
You're It. ( Percico, DYTKoB )Percy sighed as he walked through an emptying subway terminal. It was the 17th of August, and he was feeling uncharacteristically mopey. It had been a whole year since Nico had promised he'd come back, and Percy ran his fingers over the hat in his pocket, right next to Riptide.You're It. ( Percico, DYTKoB ) by ~Midnightsky23
Maybe Nico lied.
Maybe the hat really didn't mean anything to him anymore, and he was just trying to get the son of Poseidon to leave him alone.
He sighed. Another bad day. Another monster mishap, and his right leg was throbbing from a particularly impressive blow. He let his thoughts wander through memories of the demigod. That made the pain feel better.
A smaller figure stood alone by the route map, scribbling down on a napkin a way through Manhatten to around the point Percy saw he was currently living. He'd be taking the same route.
For a moment it didn't click, till he noticed an anxious hand stroking the hilt of a poorly disguised dagger. There was no mistaking it, as he watched for a few moments, he knew
|I would really like some points, since i don't have any. And i figured that since i have to have a goal i picked twenty. Pretty simple, right? I would love if you donate, but you certainly don't have to. Also my ultimate goal is to maybe build enough points to get a print puzzle. I don't know, it'll probably take awhile.|
UPDATE Well since such wonderful people decided to donate to me, i knew i had to up the goal a little bit . My ultimate goal? A print puzzle, and being able to have points for contests or other things i'd like to do. It's a good start ^^
So, you see, I've been reading this book called The Gospel According to Larry. I'm only on page 108, but it's about a boy named Josh, who has created an internet profile under the alias Larry, to share his strong views and opinions while still being the social 'outcast' he claims to be. This idea of being two different people, of hiding under yourself and being secretive, amongst other things Josh says- was highly inspiration for me.
I dunno why, but I do feel sometimes that on here there is a line that separates me and the person you're seeing, this Midnight. It's not really a big line, but there are times when I wonder- if you met me, would you recognize me? Would I still be this person you're seeing, upbeat and talkative?
It's an interesting thought, that we're all kind of metamorphosing into people we 'like better', or we want to be like. I've noticed that since I came back to DA I've been much more energetic and confident, and being the first to talk to people when before i'd rather chew my own arm off.
Really though, maybe this is the real me. Maybe my quiet and shy persona is my mask, and this is really me.
Ooh ho now I really want to start analyzing this. This is fun XD
So just some food for thought.
So far, i'd recommend this book. It's really good to sit and think over and it gives me something interesting to mull over.
Another thing I liked was Josh's photography of his items, attempting to let the viewers know him a little bit better, as well as spark their curiosity.
With that, i'd like to share ten things about me to dilute this line.
- I'm very sarcastic, and I sometimes don't even know i'm doing it. I tend to sarcastically say 'it's genius, it can't fail!' even to myself.
- I tend to daydream. I'll just sit there, staring at one certain point for minutes at a time. People say I look sad but usually i'm just planning out my newest chapter. Feel free to be all 'dude stop that's creepy'. XD
- I laugh at my own jokes. and my laugh is usually silent, you can tell i'm laughing but sometimes just nothing is coming out.
- I can never remember dates. I try my hardest, I swear, but I can hardly remember the date of Christmas.
- I remind myself of that author from Nim's Island. Alex Rover. The one with all the hand sanitizer and the fear of leaving her own house. It's not very accurate, but I still feel that way. LOL
- I have to have the TV on at night. I can't sleep without it. Usually, I just keep the same movie in for weeks. For about a week and a half it's been Enchanted, the past couple of weeks before that was Rise of the Guardians, and for about a month before that it was How to Train Your Dragon.
- Yes, i'm still watching the TV when I have my headphones in and i'm writing. No, I can't hear a word you're saying. I have music playing, you silly.
- I don't cuss. Except once, I said the 's' word after slipping on ice. Thanksjack
- I tend to always give people nicknames or think of them after seeing something and AU kind of, but i'll probably never tell you, unless I find it important. I get nervous that people will be offended or dislike my ideas. I'll also probably have a dream about you and I won't tell you that either. Or multiple, if something big is going on.
- I sing. All the time. I recorded myself, i'm not half bad, but I get shy about singing around other people. I also forget I have headphones in and sing the entirety of Wizard of Ahhhs alone before wondering why you're staring at me. And while I can't dance, I will pretend to dance and sort of just spin around while singing/lip-syncing. Feel free to join, we're all mad here.
I'm sure there's lots more I could share with you, but this journal is already far too long. Back to writing <3
Sorry if i'm being incredibly boring